A big welcome to the New School Year. God bless you and your families in the year ahead.
St Vincent de Paul Society are urgently needed to join our local conference and help the needy in our area. Can you spare 2 hours a week to visit people in need? If yes, this might be for you! Our conference meets twice a month on Monday evenings, the 2nd and 4th of the month in the Innaloo parish centre at 7.30pm. Why not come along to one of our meetings and see what we do? Full training and lots of support is given to all our members. Enquiries are most welcome, phone Barbara 9446 5324.
Liturgy Meeting Planning for Lent, Holy Week and the Paschal Triduum: on Wednesday 1st February, at 7.35 pm (after Mass) in St Dominic’s Parish Centre. Everyone is welcome. Contact Bronwyn 0438448456 or Betty 94465451.
Palms Encounters With our Catholic Communities in East Timor is an experience to share this Easter and beyond. Palms long term volunteers guide this intimate, immersive, & inter cultural experience providing insights that challenge perceptions & deepen understanding. Encounter dates in 2017 are 2-14 April, 2-14 July & 26 September-6 October. Register for our April Encounter and receive $400 off a second ticket. www.palms.org.au/encounters for more information or 02 9560 5333.
Ash Wednesday, Lent & Easter
· 1 March Ash Wednesday—day of fast & abstinence
· 5 March First Sunday in Lent
· 14 April Good Friday- day of fast and abstinence
· 16 April Easter Sunday
Mary MacKillop Foundation 11 March at 8am for Breakfast in the Garden at Mary MacKillop Centre, 16 York Street, South Perth. Come and join the fun, meet old friends and make new ones...Bring $15 for breakfast, byo chairs, tables, blankets, umbrellas etc. RSVP to Laurie Mayne 9271 5649 or email email@example.com before 7 March.
November & December Baptisms.
Congratulations and welcome to Favian Vaz, Willow Zupanov, Quinn Smart and Ethan Bradley.
Perth Catholic Youth Ministry
· Position Vacant: “Year of Youth” Project Worker, a full time position with a 2 year contract. The PCYM is seeking a vibrant project worker to join the Youth Ministry Team. This temporary 2 year position will provide support & training for adults to engage in the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference “Year of Youth”, across parishes, schools, communities & movements in our Archdiocese. Information at www.cym.com.au. 6 Feb deadline.
· Masterclass—Youth Leaders Training Weekend 17-19 February. A three day training weekend in Busselton to equip those serving in Youth Ministry in their parish/groups. Beginners & Advanced workshops. Cost $50 including food & accommodation. www.cym.com.au. and receive $400 off a second ticket. www.palms.org.au/encounters for more information or 02 9560 5333.